Tuesday, October 30, 2012

An English Expedition

I am sitting in the living room of a lovely English couple, and when I say lovely, I do not mean prim and proper lovely. They are hilarious. They have great senses of humor and they make you feel quite at home. Why am here you might be wondering? I came for the One Way UK puppet festival in Derby and Reading. Instead of going home (Ireland) in between, Anna and I have stayed here. We have been helping a friend a little with her puppet workshop and at the festival I have been learning so much about puppetry and how to better use it for ministry. I am so pumped for our Christmas show!

Aside from puppets, Anna and I got the opportunity to go to London yesterday! We spent the entire day exploring London, which of course was not enough time. We made the most of our time though and saw the Parliament building, Big Ben, the London Eye, Trafalgar Square, Buckingham palace, Westminster Abbey, the London Tower, Tower Bridge, the Globe Theatre, the Millennium Bridge, and Oxford Circus. I am quite proud of our navigating skills on the underground and our ability to fit in nearly everything we wanted to see. I would like to go back one day and actually see a show in the globe theatre and somewhere else as well. I would like to go inside Westminster abbey and to Baker street. There was just too much to see! I suppose that's how the world is. And think, that's just the world. What will heaven be like?

Taste of England: a flashlight is a torch and Big Ben is not the name of the clock but of the hand on the clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment