Saturday, September 1, 2012

Arrival

Although I have not arrived at my new home for the next year, I have made it to Ireland and it is beautiful! It reminds me of Germany and England put together (although I haven't actually been to England), which I guess makes sense, considering the geography.

It was a long journey to get here, figuratively and literally and I feel so blessed to finally be here! It is going to be a challenge to adjust to not be at home, but what better way than on an adventure of a life time!? I originally planned to sleep on the plane but there were some screaming babies and difficult chairs that prevented me from being comfortable (if that's even possible in a plane). What amazes me though is how such tiny people (babies) can have the lung and vocal capacity to be so loud and for so long. I felt bad for the little tykes but also really wanted them to be quiet. In the end, it wasn't that bad. I am now on a bus making my way to Athlone and my adventure has begun. :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to read that you made it safely and laughed when I read your baby comments...

    Can't wait to hear your stories and see the pictures you take and choose to share!

    Love,
    Callaway & Monarose

    ReplyDelete