Saturday, June 22, 2013

Feeling Like A Smoothie

Not long before we began our bus tour, I wrote in my journal “I either want to spend everyday until I leave Ireland on the road, or sleep everyday until I leave.” Among other reasons, I thought being busy on tour would keep me from feeling like this emotional smoothie. I want to stay. I want go home. I have a home here. I want to find another home in Jackson. I love what I am doing now, but I am excited about the future. With only a month left before I head west again, it’s almost impossible to avoid thinking about leaving and that means goodbyes will come sooner than wanted.

If anything, the tour has just added to my emotional smoothie because now I have more people whom I love but will depart from. I have also seen how short a year really is. It takes time to settle into a role, establish relationships and trust with team members, develop skills, and invest in people. Many kids from this past week would have seen me in the Christmas tour, but I will now never see them again. And when Junior brings a team back again, he will likely be the only familiar face.


I want to invest more than a few months. I want to commit my life to the work of the Lord. I don’t want the next four years to be a break from that or a period of rest.


Taste of Ireland: "What's the story?" is a common phrase used to ask "what's up?" or "what's going on?"

No comments:

Post a Comment